Easy, Awesome Super Bowl Party Appetizer
I don’t do football. “My team” is out. And I will not be watching the Super Bowl. But. I need to share this appetizer recipe with you so that your Super Bowl Party can reign supreme.
A few weeks ago, in advance of our New Year’s Eve dinner party, I Googled “awesome appetizers” to get some ideas. The results? Boring. And the multiple search term revisions that followed didn’t yield anything better. I decided I’d have to come up with something on my own. So I thought, “What do (most) people realllly like?” Bacon. Yep. That’s it. Little BLT bites really would be an awesome appetizer. I searched for those specifically and ended up blending a few different recipes to create what I was after. Here’s the gist.
The recipe in the video above varies slightly from the one I came up with but I’m definitely going to try it her way too (except add avocado too!) But here’s mine if you’re interested:
BLT Bites Appetizer Recipe
French Baguette (or favorite bread)
Tomatoes (Roma, cherry or grape–anything you like that’s fresh!)
Lettuce (I used a spring mix but as the video mentions you could use iceberg, romaine or even arugula)
- Slice bread thinly and throw on a baking tray in the oven at 400 degrees or so for 8-10 minutes.
- Cut bacon slices in half and fry them until crispy. Set aside on paper towel-covered plate
- Slice tomatoes
- Slice avocado into small thin pieces
- Mix mayo with a few drops of Tobasco sauce (taste and adjust to ensure it has the amount of heat you desire)
- Spread mayo on each crostini
- Layer on a piece of lettuce, tomato, avocado, and top with bacon slice.
- Eat and repeat.
Want to snuggle up for the game? See if we have your favorite NFL fleece fabric.