More Sewing Tips for Spandex
1. Choose patterns especially for Spandex (four-way stretch knits).
2. Choose simple styles if you are a novice with Spandex.
3. Secure Spandex to your cutting board with pins or tape. Try to avoid stretching it.
4. Cut Spandex with very sharp shears. Blunt points help prevent snags. Because of its stretch properties, Spandex can roll and shift if cut with a rotary cutter.
5. Marking Spandex with small sharp point markers is helpful. Chalk and standard marking pencils can pull and distort the pattern, especially if you use the technique of tracing around a paper pattern and removing it before you cut.