No-Sew Play Teepee
By the looks of things, this long Memorial Day weekend is going to be be pretty cold and wet for much of the country. Which can be especially frustrating if you’ve got little kids, and hoped they would spend the next few days running around and playing outside in the sun and fresh air! My little family of four will likely spend some time outdoors despite the washout, but for the majority of the time, we’ll have to keep them entertained inside the house somehow. Aaand that’s why I’m sharing this awesome no-sew teepee tutorial with you. My toddler boys already spent yesterday’s rainy afternoon pulling all the cushions off the sofa and jumping around like little monkeys. Naturally, that’ll get old by tomorrow, so snacking, sleeping, playing and running in and out of this very cool tent would be a nice alternative.
Here’s what I love about it:
- It makes use of scrap fabrics
- The fact that those scrap fabrics include some of my favorites we carry here at OnlineFabricStore: Duralee Aviary Tangerine, P. Kaufmann Clarice/ Cir Dove, Premier Prints Zig Zag Blue Twill
- As Ashley writes in her tutorial, it’s “large enough to hold all three kiddos, without taking over [the] entire house”
- Especially if you have scrap materials to use, it doesn’t have to cost over $10
- It’s a nice weekend (or even day!) project that will provide lasting fun and creativity for the kids
Check out full tutorial at the Handmade Home.
**Shout out to Clara and Kate for helping me name the fabrics as part of this I Spy… post. I recognized them guys, just would’ve taken me a bit longer to come up with their names. Getting there. Getting there.