Update Your Home Office
Stylish home office furniture can be customized using wallpaper or fabric.
Does your home office need updating? Here are some tips to make your home office fit your style, your space and your budget.
- When purchasing office furniture, consider the type of equipment you will be using. There is no need to purchase a large computer desk designed for a desktop computer if you will be using only a laptop. Don’t forget space for your printer, scanner, or all-in-one imaging center. Also take into consideration how much filing space you will actually use.
- Choose quality over quantity. While attractive particleboard office furniture is inexpensive and readily available at many retailers, consider investing in some used wooden furniture. Wooden furniture is classy and durable. It can often be found for a bargain price at garage sales and on the internet.
Fresh, yet classic Richloom prints and solids are great for home offices.
- If you are happy with your current office furniture, consider updating your window treatments and seating. Curtains, drapes, or roman shades can be made in innumerable décor fabrics and will bring an updated look to your space. Reupholstering chairs and sofas is also a great idea. If your budget is tight consider updating your seating by using new pillows.
- A cozy window seat is another fun idea for the home office. You don’t have to have one built-in, simply place a bench or benches in front of an existing window.
- Consider lighting when placing your computer. You want to utilize natural light if at all possible, but make sure that the computer screen doesn’t receive a direct glare from the windows and that you will not be experiencing a glare to either side of you when you work on the computer.