Black Oilcloth Fabric
- Product ID: OILBLA OILBLA
- Content: 100% Polyvinyl Chloride, Poly/Cotton Backing
- Width: 47.5"
- Country of Origin: Mexico
- Fire Rating: NFPA 701
WARNING: View Prop. 65 info
- Care: Wipe clean only, not machine washable. Do not put in dryer and do not iron.
- Please Note: The slight creases, shading, size and printing irregularities are characteristic of this retro fabric and add to the oilcloth's unique personality. These will not affect the quality and durability and should not be considered cause for return or considered imperfections. Backings and color lots may vary. The recent Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) prohibits oilcloth garments such as bibs and aprons or toys for children under age 12. This is due to the level of phthalates (a softener present in all vinyl) in the PVC vinyl of which oilcloth is made. It is constructed of vinyl with a poly/cotton scrim backing, printed by rotogravure.
Maximum Continuous Length: Approximately 12 Yards,
when ordering more than 12 Yards please note it may come in more than one piece.
Classic and simple, this black oilcloth is ideal for tablecloths and toppers, window treatments, kitchen accessories, closet drawer and shelf liners, totes, wall coverings, and place mats. Waterproof with a shiny and smooth surface that can be easily wiped clean, this fabric has also been tested and passes the National Fire Protection Agency 701 classification for commercial and residential use.
Q & A
Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
Browse 6 questions
Browse 6 questions
and 37 answers
Why did you choose this?
Could this be used to make a piano cover ?
BEST ANSWER: We wouldn't recommend something like oilcloth to be used as a piano cover without a soft inner lining being added to it. You may want to consider using dust cover fabric.
Can this be used to make a western duster (coat) for a 11 year old?
BEST ANSWER: Yes, it could make a western duster. Note, that one side is shiny, slicker and the other side has a woven, white effect to it. It can be used for waterproof items. It is a bit stiff but easily sewn. I frequently work with oilcloth. Love it!
I need a product to cover a wooden box. Is it thin enough to work around corners or is there a better choice?
BEST ANSWER: It is very thin....if this is the same oilcloth I purchased.
It disappointed me because it did not have a flannel like backing (which I needed to protect Table Top Leafs, but it sounds as if it would work perfectly for you.
It sewed beautifully and we top-stitched our whole project.
can yours chalk markers on this & then wipe it off?
BEST ANSWER: If you are looking for a fabric to use chalk with then chalkcloth would be the appropriate choice.
Is this waterproof for a cover for an outdoor grill?
I fell in love with oil cloth in Mexico. We entertain outdoors often and this is the most beautiful and durable material I found to and with.
July 21, 2017
over 2 years ago
August 17, 2018
1 year ago
Great assistance from your staff!
April 10, 2019
8 months ago