DIY Fabric Flower Pots
Yes. This is a fabric covered flower pot tutorial. And yes, it has been done before. Many times over. Just ask Pinterest. But guys, at this point I’m not going for original. Just trying to nurture my dormant creative side so that one day, maybe we can get there. These things take time. And I just love this project because it’s such a cheap and easy way to add color to your window sill or patio. So here’s how I did it:
2. Gather your materials: Terracotta pots of any size, Outdoor Mod Podge, Paint brush and fabric scissors.
3. Cut your fabric. Leave least an inch overlap on top, bottom and around the pot.
4. Paint your terracotta pot with Mod Podge.
5. Line up the pot where it should be wrapped. Lay it down on its side, on top of your fabric. Slowly wrap the fabric around the pot smoothing any wrinkles down. Cut short slits around the top and bottom so that the fabric can be glued inside and under the pot sides easily. Make sure to leave or cut a hole for water to drain out.
5. Coat the entire fabric-wrapped pot with a thick layer of Mod Podge. It will look strange, but will dry clear, I promise. Place wet pots on a nonstick surface like a plastic place mat. Not brown paper towels, because they will get stuck and you will not be happy.
6. Let them dry overnight.
7. Pot some plants.
Please Pin it or share if you like!