On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me:one yard of fabric
On the first day of Christmas what can I do with just one yard of fabric? Lucky for you, remnants can be used in so many different ways.
- Wrap your one yard of fabric around an existing throw pillow, tie the ends with pretty ribbon and you have a no-sew holiday pillow.
- If you are lucky and the fabric is one yard of red velvet, create a Santa gift bag for those extra large presents. (actually any color will work but red is just so “Santa”)
- One yard of fabric can be turned on the diagonal and placed across a table for a pretty table topper. This is an easy way to add a festive touch to the room.
- One yard of fabric can upholster most occasional chair seats, making it possible to change your decor for the seasons.
- Combine your one yard of fabric with other remnants you may have and make a patchwork quilt or lap throw.
- Several pretty wine bottle bags can be made from one yard of fabric.
Use your imagination and creativity to come up with other ways to use your one yard of fabric and, remember, it’s the thought that counts when receiving a gift!