Nassimi Symphony Shagreen Quartz Vinyl
- Product ID: SSH-008 SSH-008
- Manufacturer: Nassimi
- Content: 100% Polyvinyl Chloride Face, Poly/Cotton Backing
- Width: 54"
- Thickness: 0.0472"
- Durability: 100,000+ Double Rubs
- Fire Rating: California Technical Bulletin #117 Section E; BIFMA; UFAC Class 1; MVSS 302; NFPA 260; IMO A.652 (16) 8.2; IMO A.652 (16) 8.3; ASTM E84: Class I or A Rating; May Comply with California 133 when Tested with Suitable Components
Cold Crack: -20 Degrees
Ultraviolet Resistance: 200 Hours
Weight: 36 Oz Per Linear Yard
WARNING: View Prop. 65 info
- Common Uses: Hospitality, Contract, Automotive & RV, Residential
- Care: Prompt cleaning is always recommended. Ordinary dirt and stains can be removed with a mild soap and water. Rinse the cleaned area with clean water and dry with a lint-free cloth. Shagreen will resist, without serious discoloration, the repeated actions of normal dilutions of non-abrasive chlorine or ammonia-based cleaners.
Maximum Continuous Length: Approximately 30 Yards,
when ordering more than 30 Yards please note it may come in more than one piece.
Symphony Shagreen Quartz Vinyl by Nassimi is a gorgeous vinyl upholstery décor fabric. This metallic fabric can be used for projects like sofas, headboards, handbags, and more. This gray fabric is perfect for a modern neutral look.
Q & A
Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
Browse 10 questions
Browse 10 questions
and 28 answers
Why did you choose this?
So what are the measurements for 1 yard? 36 inches by 54 inches?
BEST ANSWER: Yes, one yard of this fabric is 36x54"
Could I use this fabric to recover a wooden dresser?
BEST ANSWER: Probably. I used it to cover the top of a coffee table and to cover the glass base of a table lamp. Turned out very nice.
What adhesive can I use to bond this fabric to glass?
BEST ANSWER: I did not bond mine to anything but I would test a small piece with craft glue. It is pretty thick so I don't think any glue you decide to use will seep through.
Is this a green undertone or blue undertone?
BEST ANSWER: Neither. It is a natural undertone. The color you see on the web-site is pretty much the color you will get.
To me it is in the "stone" family but some people may call it oyster.
How hard or durable is this material? Is it comparable to real shagreen in hardness?
BEST ANSWER: It’s not hard, more pliable... but it seems durable. Depending on what your using it for, that may be an advantage. I used it to cover a piece of wooden furniture.
Nassimi Symphony Shagreen Quartz Vinyl: is it WHITE?
BEST ANSWER: No it is not white. It's like a gorgeous champagne or light sand color.
How best is this adhered to an mdf substrate?
BEST ANSWER: Spray adhesive would work well. Here's some options:
I just received a sample of the Symphony Shagreen Quartz - very pretty color, sheen, texture and quality. However, I didn't see the "shagreen" pattern on my sample, perhaps because it was too small. Will the actual yardage have the irregular pattern that's seen on actual shagreen and also in your online sample? Thanks!
Love this fabric and am wondering whether it is available in a range of colors?
BEST ANSWER: Yes, it is available in black, brown, and cream.
Texture and Style
I was drawn to this fabric to add texture to a bench with a metal frame. I love the color and it has a slight sheen. It is very cool.
November 5, 2018
12 months ago