Silver Chevron Oilcloth Fabric
- Product ID: OILCVSI
- Content: 100% Polyvinyl Chloride, Poly/Cotton Backing
- Width: 47.5"
- Horizontal Repeat: 3.375"
- Vertical Repeat: 3"
- Country of Origin: Mexico
- Fire Rating: NFPA 701
WARNING: View Prop. 65 info
- Care: Wipe clean only, not machine washable. Do not put in dryer and do not iron.
- Please Note: The slight creases, shading, size and printing irregularities are characteristic of this retro fabric and add to the oilcloth's unique personality. These will not affect the quality and durability and should not be considered cause for return or considered imperfections. Backings and color lots may vary. The recent Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) prohibits oilcloth garments such as bibs and aprons or toys for children under age 12. This is due to the level of phthalates (a softener present in all vinyl) in the PVC vinyl of which oilcloth is made. It is constructed of vinyl with a poly/cotton scrim backing, printed by rotogravure.
Maximum Continuous Length: Approximately 12 Yards,
when ordering more than 12 Yards please note it may come in more than one piece.
The silver chevron pattern of this oilcloth is stylish and subtle with the simple pattern and neutral silver and white colors. Oilcloth is most commonly used for tablecloths because it’s easy to care for and durable. It’s also used for totes, bag linings, outdoor pillows, drawer and shelf liners, and much more.
Q & A
Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
Browse 6 questions
Browse 6 questions
and 31 answers
Why did you choose this?
Can this oilcloth fabric be used for chair upholstery?
BEST ANSWER: It can be used to cover simple bar stools and dining chair seats. It would be more difficult for complex projects because it's stiff and has no give to it. Also it's not made to be as durable as typical upholstery fabrics. We suggest ordering a sample if you want to get a better sense of the fabric.
would this be good fabric to use on outdoor cushions?
BEST ANSWER: In my opinion, I wouldn't use for an outdoor pillow as it is more of a fabric that you would use for a tabletop because it is possible to wipe it down. I do not think it is suitable as an outdoor cushion. However, it is brilliant for a tablecloth to use outside or with children and is a great price, and good looking but still manages to look chic.
Is this fabric really silver or gray?
BEST ANSWER: It’s silver metallic grey. So yes, it has that metallic sheen, but it’s not a flat grey, and it’s not a shiny silver like a polished silver ring or foil. It’s also quite thin. It’s not like the heavy oilcloth that I remember, but I wasn’t sewing with it, I was lining my shelves.
Does this have the soft white on the back or is it the thin mesh?
BEST ANSWER: This does not have a soft backing. We recommend ordering a sample if you'd like to see for yourself.
Do you know if this is waterproof on both sides? I'm looking to make a simple shade using a tension rod for inside the shower/tub area, so the shade will get wet. Thanks!
BEST ANSWER: The poly/cotton backing is not waterproof, so only the front facing side is considered waterproof. You would try adding a water repellent coating to the underside. We recommend ordering a sample to be sure that it will work for your project.
These are the best for table cloths... I bought every color and style!!!
December 31, 2018
9 months ago
Great product!! Easy to clean. Easy to work with.
I love this product!! I covered my barstools with it because I wanted a fabric that could be easily wiped clean. The fabric has a slight stretch to it, which heled when I was folding and pulling it over the cushions. The stools originally came with a suede fabric that I had to vacuum, plus because of living on a farm I always kept them covered with dish towels to help keep them clean. This oilcloth is perfect, I can take a damp cloth and just wipe, now I don't have to worry about dirty clothes touching the fabric. An added bonus was the design and color. I'm a graphic designer and I just fell in love with this pattern and color choice. The colors also match my kitchen valance. I would definitely buy again!!
October 25, 2017
1 year ago
Overall very large pattern, not what I expected.
December 14, 2017
1 year ago